Patients with breast cancer who are having chemotherapy as part of their treatment plan are supported by our expert and caring oncology nurses.
Your drug therapy is administered in our Day Oncology Unit – a friendly and modern 15-chair, 2-bed unit.
On treatment day
We suggest you wear comfortable clothes. We encourage you to bring a support person with you.
We provide morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, and can cater for special diets. Tea, coffee, iced water and light refreshments are available for you and your family.
We have free wifi if you wish to bring along your laptop or mobile devices.
Your multidisciplinary health care team
Throughout your drug therapy you have on-site access to exceptional medical oncologists and haematologists. Radiation oncologists visit regularly and we provide referrals to allied health professionals, including dieticians, pastoral carers, occupational health specialists and physiotherapists.
The role of our cancer care coordinator
Our cancer care coordinator, who works closely with our breast care nurse, is here to help you in any way she can, by:
- assessing and managing intervention if you’re experiencing difficulties or have any adverse side effects from your treatment
- anticipating your needs and those of your family
- providing clinical care
- referring you to support and allied health services
- ensuring continuity of care
- providing plenty of education to you and your family
- co-ordinating appointments
- acting as a contact point for you and everyone involved in your treatment.
Opening hours and contact details
Opening hours: 7 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Day Oncology Unit reception contact details tel: 07 3326 3689.