We offer routine breast screening and diagnostic assessment for all diseases of the breast.
The centre is led by a multidisciplinary team of breast experts, including radiologists, sonographers, radiographers, a breast physician, breast care nurses, pathologists, breast surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, oncology nurses, a dietician, physiotherapists and pastoral care.
The Breast Health Centre can provide the following services:
- breast examinations, mammography and ultrasound
- needle biopsies including cyst aspiration, fine needle, core and vacuum assisted biopsies
- pre-operative localisation of the area is performed under ultrasound or tomographic control for patients undergoing breast surgery,
- a breast-enabled MRI scanner and nuclear medicine for sentinel lymph scintigraphy are available and performed in the main QDI radiology department on the ground floor of the hospital.
Following breast screening appointments, results are provided to the patient and to the referring doctor.
If patients have a possible cancer pathology or breast changes, we will contact the referring doctor for decisions regarding ongoing care and management.
Please read the Australian Government brochure: The investigation of a new breast symptom - a guide for GPs PDF [884 KB].
How to make a referral
We have delivered printed Breast Health Centre referral pads to your practice. To order more referral pads contact us or fill in the form below.
Referrals can be made in one of two ways:
- by completing a paper form
- by downloading and completing an electronic referral form that suits your practice software:
Guides to using our electronic referral forms (by software package):