Our cardiac surgeons
Our leading cardiac surgeons offer a full spectrum of adult cardiac surgery including:
- minimally invasive surgery
- mitral valve repair/replacement
- tricuspid valve surgery
- aortic valve surgery
- congenital surgery (certain anomalies)
- arrhythmia surgery (ablation), with or without cardiopulmonary bypass
- adult congenital surgery.
The hospital has recently bought a da Vinci Xi robotic system, which will be used for cardiac surgery. The tool uses advanced, robotic, computer and optical technologies that allows your surgeon to operate with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control. The 3D-HD image is highly magnified, so your surgeon has a close-up view of the area he or she is operating on.
Patient benefits from this minimally invasive surgery include:
- reduced operation times
- shorter hospital stays
- fewer complications
- less need for pain medicine
- faster recovery times
- minimal scarring.
Our cardiologists are experienced leaders in their field. They offer:
- mitral and aortic balloon valvuloplasty
- work-up for transcatheter aortic valve and mitraclip implantations
- diagnostic transoesophageal echocardiographs, cardiac catheter assessment and all work-up for Mitral Valve Repairs
- alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
- ASD and PFO repair, pulmonary vein stenting.
Using the latest technology, our cardiologists and cardiac surgeons have been working to develop groundbreaking procedures and are at the cutting-edge of research into cardiac disease.
We are committed to embracing new and emerging technologies, and anticipate the emergence of further innovative cardiac surgical procedures, some rarely performed elsewhere. These include:
- Robotic-assisted Valve Surgery (mitral and tricuspid valves)
- Hybrid Theatre procedures
- TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation) femoral, trans-aortic and trans-apical
- Valve-in-valve Transcatheter Valve Implantation for degenerated bioprosthetic valves
- Endovascular Stenting.