Our Day Oncology Unit is a bright and modern 15-chair, 2-bed unit with dedicated nurses trained in cancer care to administer chemotherapy, all within our friendly environment.
We adopt an integrated and co-ordinated approach to ensure the very best care for you, your family and the people you love. Your comfort and wellbeing are at the heart of everything we do.
We ensure you have on-site access to exceptional medical oncologists and haematologists. Radiation oncologists visit regularly and, as part of our multidisciplinary approach, we also provide referrals to allied health professionals, like dieticians, pastoral care, occupational health specialists and physiotherapists.
On treatment day
Please wear comfortable clothes. We encourage you to bring a support person with you.
We provide morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, and can cater for special diets. There is also a tea, coffee and iced water station with light refreshments for you and your visitors.
The unit has free wifi so you can bring your laptop or mobile devices.
The role of our cancer care coordinator
Our cancer care coordinator works closely with our breast care nurse. She will help you in any way she can by:
- assessing and managing intervention if you’re experiencing difficulties or have any adverse side effects from your treatment
- anticipating the needs of you and your family
- providing clinical care
- referring you to support and allied health services
- ensuring continuity of care
- providing plenty of education to you and your family
- co-ordinating appointments
- acting as a contact point for you and everyone involved in your treatment.
Our Day Oncology Unit is open from 7 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.