Preadmission is an important part of our preparation for your treatment and recovery. This is our process for finding out everything we need to know about you. It is also when you can ask questions and prepare yourself for your hospital stay with us.
There are two parts to preadmission:
- registration – your personal details
- nursing preadmission – telling us about your medical history.
Registering for your admission
To help us prepare for your hospital admission, please register your details with us well before your admission date.
You can register online now.
Online registration takes approximately 60 minutes and must be completed in one session. If you are not familiar with computers, ask a family member or friend to assist you.
To register, you will need your:
- Medicare card
- health fund membership number and policy details
- DVA card and number
- WorkCover approval letter/number and claim details
- accident or third party insurance claim details
- Pension card/Health Benefits card(s)
- Pharmacy Benefits card/Safety Net card
- GP’s details
- next of kin/emergency contact details
- names of regular medications, including vitamins and over-the-counter medications.
If you have private health insurance, please contact your health fund to make sure you are fully covered for your admission and you are not subject to any exclusions.
Assistance with registration
If you don’t have access to the internet, or need help registering, contact our patient registration staff on tel: 1300 884 974 (8 am–5 pm, Monday to Friday).
Nursing preadmission – your medical history
As part of your nursing preadmission you will need to complete details of your medical history. Our nursing staff will contact you prior to your admission, if they require clarification of any information.