We have Tier 1 status with the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA), which means that patients with Gold Card DVA entitlements can be admitted without prior approval from DVA. Veterans with white cards will be checked for DVA approval.
Our services to patients with DVA entitlements include:
- authorising travel assistance scheme applications
- referrals to veterans' Home Care Services and community nursing and allied health providers for safe discharge
- organising necessary aids and equipment for safe discharge and applying for available funding to purchase equipment
- organising ongoing referrals to respite/convalescence, rehabilitation and long-term placement, where appropriate
- rooms equipped with free TV, fridges and local telephone calls and free wifi.
A Returned & Services League of Australia Officer visits the hospital each week to assist patients with these aspects of their hospital visit.
Find out more, contact:
- Department of Veterans' Affairs phone tel: 133 254
- Veterans' Home Care phone tel: 1300 550 450.