Holy Spirit Northside Private Hospital is a Catholic, not-for-profit, private health organisation. Our policies and practices reflect the ethical and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
Our credentialing process involves reviewing the credentials and practices of private health professionals. It helps us to ensure that the care we provide is delivered only by appropriately qualified professionals who perform at a consistently acceptable level.
Our Accredited Practitioners must agree to respect and observe:
- the principles embodied in our Mission, Vision and Values
- The Code of Ethical Standards for Catholic Health & Aged Care Services in Australia PDF [296 KB]
- Our Professional Code of Conduct PDF [9.55 MB]
- Our Facility By-Laws and Schedules PDF [1.04 MB]
- Our Clinical Credentialing and Defining Scope of Clinical Practice Policy PDF [761 KB]
- Pre-Employment Appointment Safety Checks Policy PDF [303 KB]
Apply for accreditation
To apply for accreditation with Holy Spirit Northside Private Hospital, complete our online e-Credentialing Application Form.
Please note that you will need to allow approximately 30 minutes to complete the online application form.
Before you begin your online application
To complete your application, please have available scanned electronic copies of the following before you commence the online application form:
- Curriculum vitae
- Current medical indemnity certificate/statement (if applicable), including specialty covered, policy claim limit ($20 million), period of insurance
- AHPRA details (type of registration, registration number and expiry date)
- Certificate of Continuing Medical Education (certificate from your college CME program)
- Evidence of Fellowship and post-Fellowship qualifications/certificates
- Copy of Radiation Licence (if applicable).
In accordance with Hospital By-Law 9.13 and Group Credentialing Policy, it is mandatory for all health professionals seeking accreditation to undergo a criminal history check. Please complete the Fit2work form link available when you complete the online credentialing form.
Please note that you will also be asked to provide your 16-digit Individual Healthcare Provider Identifier (HPI-I) as issued to you by AHPRA. This identifier will assist in communications related to e-Health records. If you don’t know your HPI-I, you can obtain it via:
- the AHPRA website www.ahpra.gov.auusing your login account or
- by calling AHPRA on tel: 1300 419 495 Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
How the application process works
Applications for accreditation are considered by our Credentialing Committee and recommendations made to our Medical Advisory Committee. These committees meet every 6 weeks and if your application is successful you will be formally notified within 14 business days of the Committee’s scheduled meeting date.
All new visiting medical officers are encouraged to undertake orientation to the hospital prior to commencing.
Applications for temporary appointment (refer to By-Law 8.3) may be considered by the General Manager or Director of Medical Services. If temporary appointment is sought, please advise our Credentialing Office on the email address below.
Changing your scope of practice as an accredited practitioner
If you wish to change your scope of clinical practice in any way (refer to By-Law 12.3) e.g. undertaking a specialised procedure or service delivery (but still within your defined specialty) for the first time or undertaking a new interventional or surgical procedure or clinical service for the first time at a facility, please contact our Credentialing Office tel: 07 3326 3136 or filling in the form below.
Renewal of accredited practitioners
An Accredited Practitioner must apply for re-accreditation before the expiration of the term of their accreditation in order to maintain current accreditation at HSNPH. The Accredited Practitioner will be notified of the pending expiry date, not less than three months before and advised of the processes to follow for applying for Re-accreditation and review of Scope of Clinical Practice.